Congratulations students, you made it to Spring Break! We’ve partnered up with Chattahoochee Tech Campus Police & Public Safety to bring you ten tips for a safe and happy Spring Break. You can reduce your likelihood of becoming a victim by being a little more attentive.
There are many precautions you should keep in mind to ensure a safe Spring Break. Here are our ten tips:
- Use the buddy system. Travel in groups when possible.
- Be alert. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Have your keys out and ready, and lock doors after entry.
- Do not use ATM machines in secluded locations or after dark.
- Always let a friend or family member know of your plans, including tentative departure and arrival times.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash or share PIN numbers.
- Have your vehicle serviced before traveling and keep your gas tank half full.
- Lock items in your trunk, and do not leave valuables in your car in plain sight.
- If you are road tripping, take turns behind the wheel! That way everyone is well awake and alert.
- If you are leaving the country, know where to call in case of an emergency (the local equivalent to 911).
For more information and precautions, please see safespringbreak.org/safety-tips
This information brought to you by safespringbreak.org and Girls Fight Back.