Fourteen Chattahoochee Technical College students and seven faculty and staff members traveled through Italy and Greece this summer as part of a 10-day study abroad trip. The trip started in Rome, Italy and ended in Athens, Greece. Along the way, they were able to visit Florence, Sorrento, the archaeological site of Pompeii in Italy, and Patras and Delphi in Greece.

The academic focus of this program is cultural immersion, visiting significant points of interest, and instilling a sense of global citizenship.

“What I enjoyed most about this this trip was traveling and learning about other people around the world and also learning more about myself,” says Early Childhood Care and Education student Victoria Morales. “I loved viewing these world treasures in person for the first time.”

The trip was Morales’ first time being out of the country. “I learned how independent I can be,” she adds. “Yes, I was with a group of fellow students and instructors, but it was my first time out of the country away from my family with people I had only met a couple of times. I think it helped me want to travel more.”

Another study abroad student, Daisy Castro, states, “Every day was something new: a new experience, a new food to try or new things to see.”

“I would recommend study abroad because it is a great way to experience new cultures and try new things,” Castro adds.” It is an amazing experience and every day brings something new. It is great for those who like to travel, and even better for those seeking new adventures. It is a great way to meet new people and study new practices. It is also a great way to see ancient buildings and statues, and explore different continents and cultures.” Castro is currently a student in the Health Care Science program.

“It gives people some time away from home to free your mind and open yourself up to different possibilities. If I get the chance to go abroad, again I will, because it is something you cannot put into words. No matter how many pictures you have seen, or how many books you have read, nothing beats being able to say, ‘I’ve been there and I’ve done that.’”

The next study abroad trip will be to Paris and Barcelona during Spring Break 2019. Applications are currently being accepted through December 14, 2018.

For more information, please visit the Study Abroad page of our websitephoto of group of students