photo of lesly rockLesly Rock, of Marietta, is a graduate of the Air Conditioning Technology program at Chattahoochee Tech.

Rock chose to attend Chattahoochee Technical College due to the location of the school. “It is a big school, and the HVAC labs are large and equipped with everything,” he says. “I knew I could advance my career at Chatt Tech.”

When asked what he values about Chattahoochee Tech, Rock says “the great, knowledgeable instructors, and the available resources for student support, such as free tutoring at the Student Success Center.”

Chattahoochee Technical College’s Air Conditioning Technology program provides a dynamic hands-on learning environment where students learn how to install, maintain, diagnose and repair heating, cooling, ventilation and refrigeration systems. This program also has faculty with real-world experience and curriculum matching industry expectations.

After graduation, Rock started his HVAC career at Reliable Heating & Air, based in Kennesaw.

When it comes to recruiting HVAC graduates, the recruiters at Reliable say that Chattahoochee Tech Air Conditioning Technology graduates are one of the most prepared to join the service team.

“We have a rigorous four to six week postgraduate program called Reliable HVAC Academy that gives students the hands-on experience they need to perform air conditioning maintenance and service, and Chattahoochee Tech graduates are always in the highest ranks of my recruits,” says Director of Training, Gary Roberts.

“I felt that getting my hands on the equipment with the guidance of a senior service veteran like Gary would give me the confidence I needed to start my HVAC career right,” says Rock.

According to the Associated General Contractors of America, 70 percent of construction companies nationwide are having trouble finding qualified workers.  The skilled trades industry is an excellent field for young people to look to for a rewarding career.

“I can’t recommend the Air Conditioning Technology program at Chattahoochee Technical College enough,” says Daniel Jape, President of Reliable Heating & Air.

“If you are looking for a successful career, Chattahoochee Tech will get you there,” Rock says.

Chattahoochee Tech’s Office of Career Development partners with employers to help students connect the classroom with the workplace. Reliable Heating & Air is always looking for candidates and is actively recruiting Chattahoochee Technical Graduates.